|STARR COUNTY FAIR
|YOUTH FAIR PAGEANT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
2014 STARR COUNTY
YOUTH FAIR PAGEANT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
FAIR THEME: “A Country Salute to Our Americans Heroes”
DATE OF PAGEANT: Sunday February 09, 2014 - 4:00p.m.
REHEARSAL DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014 – 3:00p.m.
LOCATION: San Isidro School Auditorium
1. An entry form provided by the Starr County Fair Pageant must be submitted to enter a contestant
in the show. This form must be signed by the contestant, parents, or guardian, and sponsor and
must be accompanied by the $35.00 entry fee paid by the sponsor. A sponsor may be an
individual, parent, business or youth organization.
2. Each entry must be submitted to the Starr County Fair Pageant c/o Yolanda Morado, Starr
County Extension Office, 500 N. Britton, Rio Grande City, TX (white house on the hill).
3. Cashier’s check, money order, or business checks will be accepted no cash. Absolutely no
refunds will be made under any circumstances. Starr County Pageant directors will not give
refunds after applications have been filed. Make checks or money orders out to Starr County Fair
4. A contestant must be a resident of Starr County. She must be unmarried, never married, and
childless. Contestants must qualify for inclusion in one of the following categories:
Precious Fair Princess – Pre-kinder
Petite Fair Princess - Kinder through second grade
Pre-Teen Princess - Third through fifth grade students
Teen Princess - Sixth through eighth grade students
County Fair Queen - Starr County High School Student
County Fair Cowboy – Elementary & Younger
Note-Important: No changes or alterations will be allowed to the entry form once it is submitted –
to the Extension office.
5. One costume is required for the entire pageant. The costume should be Western and can
consist of jeans and a Western shirt or whatever Western attire is desired. The costume need not
be elaborate or expensive but should be in good taste for a youth pageant. Hat and boots are
6. All contestants will be expected to attend a rehearsal at the pageant site on Wednesday,
February 5, 2014 starting at 3:00 p.m. in preparation for the Starr County Fair Pageant, which will
take place on Sunday Feb. 09, 2014 at the San Isidro School Auditorium 4:00 p.m. The numbers
for order of presentation will be drawn by participants at the rehearsal.
7. All contestants must report by 3:30 p.m. the day of the pageant. Upon arrival, a contestant must
check in with the category chairman of the pageant to receive their number.
8. Admission the night of the pageant will be $2.00 for children under 12 and $5.00 for adults 12
and over. Everyone except contestants must pay, even parents and sponsors.
9. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges. All scores and decisions are final. The
pageant system demands that good sportsmanship prevail throughout the pageant from all
contestants, families and supporters; otherwise, they will be disqualified whether they win or not.
10. The top five places for each category will be awarded trophies. The County Fair Queen will
preside over the current year’s County Fair activities and will earn the right to represent the Starr
County Fair in the Texas Citrus Fiesta the following January. If at any time the Queen fails to meet
the rules and regulations she will not be able to represent the Youth Fair Pageant at any public
11. All contestants will be expected to represent their sponsors and the pageant at the County Fair
Parade on Saturday February 15, 2014. Each contestant and/or sponsor will be responsible to
acquire a vehicle and posters and pay required $20.00 entry fees to take part in the parade.
12. All rights are reserved for the Starr County Fair Pageant. No pictures will be taken while the
pageant is in process. Exceptions are made for special 4H presentations before or between
presentations of the contestants. No videotaping will be allowed except the one contracted by the
Starr County Fair Pageant directors. A professional photographer has been contracted for your
convenience, and you may register for photographs and videos on the night of the rehearsal. All
videos produced will be for the profit of the Starr County 4H Youth Board. Your cooperation in the
purchase of such video will be greatly appreciated. Video tapes will be sold on a one time basis
only. These rules will be strictly enforced on the night of the pageant. Please abide by the rules to